If you think you might need a dental implants free consultation, you should talk to your trusted dentist. A free consultation is offered by most dentists nowadays. Dental implants are the most common treatment option for missing teeth. It can either replace a single tooth, several teeth, or even all of your teeth. Your dental health is essential, so book a free consultation at dentalstudio.com.au to know your oral condition.
Dental implants free consultation: Are you eligible?
People nowadays tend to experience missing teeth. For this reason, they want to have at least a consultation for free, then allot the consultation fee to their dental care expense. In this case, dentists usually treat a missing tooth using a dental implant.
Dental implants are the devices that dentists use to replace tooth roots. It also serves as a strong foundation for a fixed or removable replacement tooth. Additionally, the dentists have to consider the following factors when deciding on the treatment option to apply:
- Location of the missing tooth/teeth
- Jawbone’s quality and quantity for the placement of dental implant
- Patient’s overall health condition
- Total cost (although one might find cheaper implant treatments in dentistry schools)
- Patient’s preference
Benefits of dental implants
Missing teeth can significantly affect an individual. For this reason, dental implants play a vital role in recovering from this condition. Below are the benefits dental implants can provide after treating a missing tooth.
- Implants help improve the appearance of the patients. A missing tooth can incur changes in the tooth and facial structure of the individual.
- Aside from that, the patient will also have an improvement in their speech. It lessens the worries of patients that the replacement tooth might slip, just like with poor-fitting dentures.
- Moreover, implants can turn into a permanent part of your mouth. For this reason, time will come, and you’ll get used to it being inside your mouth.
- With a missing tooth, eating can become difficult. But with the help of implants, it can regain the usual function of your teeth.
- Furthermore, implants also increase your self-esteem. In effect, you can feel better about yourself.
- In general, your oral health will improve as well as your hygiene.
- Implants can last long since they are durable. However, if the patient practices proper oral care, it can even last a lifetime.
- Implants are convenient for the patients. Unlike dentures, the patient won’t need to remove them from time to time.
There are cases where patients might need special implant-retained dentures; in that case, it is always best to consult an expert denture technician.
Potential risks of implants
Dental treatment options can also have their potential risks and complications. Implants are not an exemption for this case. On the other hand, it would be best to be completely aware of these potential risks and complications.
- This treatment option requires more than one appointment to complete.
- The patient must have a specific volume and density of bone to be eligible for implants.
- The application of dental implants can cause bleeding after the procedure.
- There is also a possibility of infection.
- Aside from that, some people can have allergic reactions.
- Lastly, nerve injuries can also occur.
Implants have their pros and cons. So, it would be best to ask your dentist about it. The dentist will decide the right treatment after all. Besides that, if you are eligible for implants, there are after-care instructions that you must follow during your recovery period. Furthermore, dental implants can fail if the patient does not follow the after-care instructions of their dentist.
A patient should consult with the dentist first before doing any procedure. That is why many practitioners provide dental implants free consultation to identify if patients are eligible.
Consultation is an essential part before undergoing any medication or treatment. It is where the medical professional will know the exact condition of the patient. In effect, they can provide a correct diagnosis and recommend the right treatment option.
It is essential to keep our dental health in good condition at all costs. Get checked up by your family dentist twice a year to prevent oral health issues.